Monday, February 26, 2018


                            My Journey To….
   EDUC 6164


Related image

One Hope!

I hope that working with diverse backgrounds, I can share a sense of humanitarianism to ECE. I hope that working with and for diversity I can make children and families comfortable, acquainted, and adapted in a classroom context learning from them as they look to learn from me.

One Goal… OK, many goals!

One goal that I want to include in ECE is motion that educators advance excellence in participation of research in diversity, equality, and social justice that teeters effective learning and development regarding early childhood. ECE ought to encourage student success so that discrimination and prejudice behaviors diminish for child sake and development. Educators need to expand child’s ability to learn appropriate curriculum and gain altruistic behaviors as they grow within classroom context and society. This can enhance ethical and social commitment and understanding to classmates, colleagues, family, and neighbors. Also, establishing communal outreach and civic interactions can help diversity, equality, social justice if ECE promotes awareness, advocates, and remains prominent to cultural contents of learning and behaviors of development.

Image result for children growth in ece

Thank you…

“when you look back at your career, the highlights will never be the awards and promotions… but the people you’ve worked (learned) with. Thanks for being a fantastic highlight in mine.”
                                                                                    -Author Unknown, n.d.

Team work is important toward success. During this course I have found through discussions, blogs, emails, and reflections that without colleague’s response my thinking, theories, and work would not be as worthy as they are without feedback – without teamwork. Bouncing ideas, I find we’ve worked together. As colleagues, we learn together. My individual career path would never go anywhere if it weren’t for your teamwork. You go out of your way. This is just the kind of motivation I need from colleagues to aspire me in ECE.


Thank you for all the help. 




5 comments:

  1. Hello Cassandra,
    Love the goals that you have set. I also strongly believe that education is the key if we want to make a difference. As Educators and Professionals in the early childhood field we must always try to improve and learn more to create a more effective system for dealing with diversity, equity and social justice.
    I have enjoyed reading your blogs and your discussion post on the past 8 weeks. I hope we will go to the share classes together.
    Thanks for posting and best of luck as you pursue the remainder of your education.
    Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela, I can’t stress enough how important it is to recognize the diversity and issues we look at and face on a daily basis. Whether as an educator or an electrian, waitress, or child diversity is everywhere and we need to share the goals we set so that hate and discrimination is simmered.
      Thank you Angela for the luck as I wish you luck too! Hope to see you in the next course!
      Cassandra Richards

      Delete
  2. Thank you Christian. Makes me feel good to use what I learn onto others and I’m glad it helped. Best wishes on your endeavors!
    Cassandra Richards

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree wholeheartedly that we as ECE have to demonstrate and advocate the ability to understand diversity to improve the lives of children and families and the future of our society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cassandra,

    your hope is really touchy and I wish it will come true for forever and be part in your life journey. I really learn and am inspired a lot from your posts in the course through discussion or blog. Thank you very much for being a such great and helpful classmate :)
    Good luck for your journey.

    Best wishes,
    Uti

    ReplyDelete