Wednesday, September 13, 2017



Related image

CHECK IT OUT!: SHARING WEB RESOURCES
EDUC 6162

Sharing resources is core to expanding the field of Early Childhood. Picking issues relative to your own personal experiences and/or professional concerns, resources help explore what you may not see, what you want to promote, and educate you in a way that will persevere attitude and behavior in your own classroom.
Here are two web resources that I would like to share that exemplify international outreach.
THE UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND (UNICEF)
This international programme focuses on EVERY CHILD as it is clearly promoted on the website. Children are provided essentials so that their rights are sanctioned in order to learn and grow. Inclusion, education, innovations, research, and survival are a few focuses that UNICEF offers globally. CHECK IT OUT!


Related image

THE UNITED NATIONS EDUCATIONAL, SCIENTIFIC, AND CULTURAL ORGANIZATION (UNESCO)
A coworker of mine shared this organization with me recently so as I expand my own horizons I have discovered that this particular organization focuses on peaceful promotions of collaboration and education of children and families on a global scale (unesco.blogspot.com, 2008). CHECK IT OUT!

Image result for unesco

PICK AN ISSUE: SOCIAL CHANGE
UNICEF focuses in every child at the same time UNESCO focuses on collaboration and education. Both profound organizations persevere for the sake of children and families in a way that leads toward the issue of social change –for humanity, for a better world.
Acknowledging their focuses, I have found that issue such as social change is imperative so that children and families on a global scale are provided for and able to attain proper care and treatment. UNESCO promotes social change and by example, an article titled, “Young Africans Believing on the Impact of Culture on Social Change” (June, 2017) advocates fairness, reintegration, and leadership so that local community and broadened communities unify toward social change between various cultures. This indicates positive attitude and behavior regarding not only rights for every individual despite class and status but also importance of learning and development. Work, creativity, and cohesion is what ignites social change. Furthermore, the UNICEF promotes the issue social change centering every child with actions such as monitoring water sanitation in developing countries, supplying goods and essentials to children and families during state of emergencies (for example), and making sure medical care and practices are available to all. This promotion of social changes helps children and families get what is needed for learning and development… and ultimately, for survival on a global scale.

Internationally, it is important to learn of other places around the world so that professionals and educators in the field of Early Childhood are aware of the issues and trends that surface and are acted on or against for the sake of children and future productions. I like to share web resources that I find beneficial and educational to colleagues who have a similar taste in the field so expansion remains progressive.

Image result for social change

6 comments:

  1. Great Blog! Thank you for sharing such great information. After checking out the website I did see The United Nations Children Fund plays a leading role in the collection, compilation, and dissemination of data to inform sound policies and programmers for advocating children's rights and well-being.I plan on looking more into this organization, and I am also looking forward to reading more of your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback! I'm finding that looking and sharing resources is super beneficial to ECS and the self. Just knowing there are credible sources out there to exchange with is rewarding especially when we want to look for change on a positive note.
      Cassandra Richards

      Delete
  2. Cassandra,
    I enjoyed reading your blog. I remember hearing about UNICEF growing up as a child and the work they did for the children in the world. I love how the organization concentrates on providing the children of the world with an inclusive atmosphere that provides them with a great educational opportunity to children of the world. They help children from all elements and areas of life. They help children in third world countries that are in need of an great education or environment to live in. I really enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LaShawn! This organization makes me want to pack up my things and GO! I'm ready! Lol. It is just so much fun to look at the world knowing there are places to look to and appreciate what they do.

      Delete
  3. Cassandra,
    I love your blog. I read that one of UNICEF’s beliefs is that all children have a right to survive, thrive and to fulfill their potential... to benefit a better world. As Early Childhood educators I believe that's one of our goals also. We believe in children. They are our future. With organization like this I believe our children, even the most disadvantaged will have a future.
    Looking forward to reading more about this organization in your blogs.
    Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post this week Cassandra!! I love UNICEF! I remember growing up always seeing the advertisements on the television. What I remember even more as I live in Asia, is the little posters that were put around our school and mostly behind the bathroom doors. As it was in Korean I went and did some of my own research and saw the many great things the organization has done for the children in need! Than you for pointing it out again!

    ReplyDelete