Thursday, October 19, 2017


UNESCO Affirms My Professional Goals
EDUC 6162

My professional goals begin with….
  1)  Enhancing performance
        2) Designing a long-term career around passion 
        3)  Openness to new developments, improvements, and work-based relationships

 Image result for social change in education

This week, I have focused on the three professional goals I set for myself when I first started courses in ECE. I did not think much about them but as I have grown in my studies, I have realized now they mean more.

A major reason why I hold onto my professional goals is resources that I have explored in my current and past courses. Reading and coming familiar with the mission that early childhood advocates support is how I find motivation to keep my goals active.
Image result for teachers teaching

This week, I found that the United Nations Educational, Scientific Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is an advocate to the education of children and families taking scientific, communicative, and cultural measures. According to the UNESCO website, they vow to secure child rights, justice, and healthy development and wellness to children universally. This resource provides information of the programs created so that awareness and accessibility is equal to all. Training, cooperation, and security are key to make this happen –to make education lifelong and universal.
Image result for international education for children

Programs such as the Seville Statement on Violence which fights against crime or the Geo Parks Network that focuses on geological heritage are two of many programs created that expands the works and potentiality that UNESCO can do for child education! In addition, the UNESCO’s Early Childhood Care and Education program is the core to the organization’s mission of child rights and healthy development. This program is opportunity to avoid any issues or disadvantages that’s children around the world encounter provoked by poverty, cost, location, etc.
With programs utilized, the United Nations Educational, Scientific Cultural Organization (UNESCO) plans to exclude the rise of poverty, reduce inequality, take climate actions, and add partnership to other organizations which is insightful to me and a reason to reflect my professional goals…


After reviewing the website UNESCO and the many ways they have built a foundation dedicated to education for children and families internationally, I look at my professional goals in a different light. I have to enhance my performance by volunteer work and continuing to share and advocate myself personally and professionally. I have my passion toward child care learning that helps motivate a long-term career which I find relative to the motivation and long-term drive that the UNESCO members have demonstrated through their work. And by creating programs, I see that new developments and improvements are imperative to the upkeep of childhood education. Having openness is a must as an advocate –as a professional in ECE.
Image result for unesco international students

The UNESCO is worth sharing because it looks at child education from different aspects on a global scale and it has helped me realize this week that my goals are worth the hard work.

Work cited

8 comments:

  1. Great insight this week, Cassandra! I too just made goals in the beginning not really sure as to where I really want them to lead or what I expect them to teach me. I have learned along the way that the journey is more important to me as we are flushed with new information every week. I am glad that you could find a connection with a great site like UNESCO to make your goals more ideal and to realize just how realistic they are! I hope that the journey to the future will build more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really enjoyed reading your insightful post. I guess some of our goals are on-going goals. I agree with you that being open-minded is fundamental to being a good advocate and professional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cassandra,
    I enjoyed reading your post, You have set great goals in your career. Enhancing performance in education would be a high standard and a great achievement. You will accomplish the strategies you have set. Just continue to learn and share the wonderful ideas to help with your colleagues, families to improve and strengthen children's lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you and I really do enjoy sharing. This is not only a learning lesson for me but it is also building pathways to help every child become more encouraged, involved, and better at the greater opportunities. We not only find ourselves setting professional goals but this gives children earlier opportunity to set their goals. Everyone wins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think our time spent in the classroom counts as volunteer work. We wear so many "hats" in our field that we are honestly volunteering our time to counsel, teach, mentor, coach, etc. I say this in hopes that you can see what you are doing now is volunteering your time to a stronger cause. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! You are right! It is volunteer. I never thought of it that way!

      Delete